• Question: What sort of exam results in what subjects do you need?

    Asked by Charlie50964 to Andrew, Lizzie, Nick, Sonia, Chuen on 15 Jun 2015.
    • Photo: Elizabeth Kapasa

      Elizabeth Kapasa answered on 15 Jun 2015:

      It is best to look at university websites for the subject you’re interested in studying. They will tell you what A Level grades you need. Good luck!

    • Photo: Yu Chuen Tam

      Yu Chuen Tam answered on 15 Jun 2015:

      Generally Maths is one of them, Chemisty will help. Recently many of the mechanical and electronic engineering courses have been over subscribed. The Russel group universities tend to require anywhere between 3A and A* and 2As. But universities ouside the Russel group are just as good and accept lower A level grades. Some universities also offer engineering foundation courses, which will give a broad engineering training. But you may wish to specialise more in one area

      Decide what you want to do, look at the courses on offer, do they meet your interests. You want to have an interest and enjoy learning about the subject.

    • Photo: Andrew Phillips

      Andrew Phillips answered on 15 Jun 2015:

      Normally maths and physics are required. A lot of people take another science subject. I’m interested in students who choose to do something different like art, history or geography, as I think it shows that you have a wider range of influences and interests, which is great in design. It’s best to check with the university and course that you are thinking of applying to as everyone has specific entry requirements.